perjantai 10. heinäkuuta 2015

Sharing and marketing

Michaela Tuomenoksa
Assignment: 16.-23.6 /  WEEK 7

I did not quite understand the Shareslide task or what to actually look for, but i'll try my best. (Search for educational material or marketing sites?)

I have never heard of this site before. To understand it better I think I would have to use it for a longer time. I'm not sure if this is similar to Prezi?


Sosiaalinen media kasvun ja myynnin työkaluna




This was an excellent slide for what I was looking for and there were really important points made in the slide. Companies should always take a look at slides like this to really understand the importance of the social media and how much it can affect a company's marketing. Very useful!

"Vilperi ON" / Vilperi Digimediatoimisto Oy

For the next task (video) I chose Vilperi Digimediatoimisto Oy's company video. I think this is a very positive, fun and inviting video showing what Vilperi Digimediatoimisto is about and the video also includes the workers themselves commenting on the company. For some people this might be a bit over the top but then again I think when working with video production you just haft switch it up a little bit. But check it out:


Puts you in a good mood, right? Based on that video I would love to work there! Company videos are really fun and also important. But If a company decides to make one I really hope they do it with the help of professionals and not by themselves. Pictures, videos and adverts always need to be done by professionals! This video can be very good for marketing Vilperi as an employer or marketing Vilperi's services for customers.

Sharing in the social media

For this task I could have chosen several examples and I'm debating on witch one I should chose, Pinterest or Facebook... But I'll go with the hottest social media site right now, Facebook! Haha..

(What a save choice) Facebook is the place to be today (of course Twitter and other sites are popular today) because it is multifunctional. For me I think it's a must that companies have their own Facebook pages. It's free, it's easy to use so why not? There's a big possibility your customer uses Facebook and by following your page they get all the adverts and news right away.

 "Oh, Gigantti just posted a picture on Facebook saying that the first 50 customers get a DVD-movie for free when buying a DVD player, let's go and buy one!"

That's how it works (lol the example, gosh...)! I have also in many cases seen a really good offer or advert that made me use a company's service or buy some products. Todays trend is also putting up draws for the followers, I see them all the time. For example:

Do you want to win a new tv? Please share and comment on this post to be a part of the draw! Good luck!

People share the post and the company gets more viewers. But one company does this waaaaaay too much and uses Facebook way too much and you might know it: Jounin Kauppa

Argh! Sometimes I just want to shout STOP IT!  He uses the company's Facebook page like his private one and he posts stuff there all the time, it gets so annoying. It was okay in the beginning but now it's just like, dude, please leave Facebook alone for a while. Less is more!

I think Facebook still is the number one social media site to use for marketing!

4 kommenttia:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't really understand the Slideshare task... :D

    Vilperi's video is good, and it definitely feels like an advertisement for future employees, like: "come and work here, everyone says our company is awesome". What comes to Facebook, yeah, some people just need to get out from there - who wants to read 10 posts per day about something uninteresting? :D

    VastaaPoista
  2. haha I think the same about Jounin kauppa! But I think the best (and also the weirdest) thing is that people comment to his updates like "Jouni is the best" and stuff xD And actually one friend of mine wanted to go to Ylläs, because Jounin kauppa is there, so guess it's working :D

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Yeah he has a lot of followers :D And I understand it's become a thing now, and also supporting a national entrepreneur... But the posts just keep coming and coming O__O

      Poista
  3. For me it was kind of surprising that you and Ella said that you haven't ever visited / used SlideShare? We have used it a lot at my workplace Sitra and also on practice period at City of Turku. This makes me wonder is SlideShare old-fashioned for younger or what's going on?

    -Mira-

    VastaaPoista